Chronic stress, low mood and anxiety can plague modern life.
Depression is one of many leading causes of disability worldwide.
In Australia, according to the Black Dog Institute, roughly 1 million adults have depression and more than 2 million suffer with anxiety.
When we think of anxiety or low mood (depression) we often think of someone who is unable to face the day, or is someone who has full-blown panic attacks.
But here’s the thing, low mood and anxiety can be present in your life in sneaky ways and can potentially tax your quality of life, your vigour, and your joy.
- Do you ever lie awake at night worrying about your forever growing to do list?
- Do you often find yourself worrying about things that most likely won’t happen?
- Do you find it difficult to sit still, always checking your emails, social media because you feel like you are going to miss something important?
- Does your sense of worry often come with feelings or irritability, muscle tension, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbances or fatigue?
- Do you feel like there is not that much good to look forward to?
- Do you no longer gain pleasure from activities that used to light you up?
- Are you tired all of the time?
- Have you noticed a change in appetite?
- Are you experiencing feelings of guilt, failure, and worthlessness?
- Do you find yourself wanting to withdraw from close family and friends?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you may be experiencing low mood or anxiety.
Depression and anxiety can be extremely debilitating and are potentially symptomatic of the mind and body being out of alignment.
One way to overcome depression and anxiety is to treat the whole person. I believe you cannot have a healthy mind, thoughts, self- esteem and behaviour without a healthy properly nourished body.
“The best psychotherapy, brain training, or medication cannot put a nutrient there that is not there or remove some damaging substance that doesn’t belong.”
Nora T. Gedgaudas
When you take a viewpoint that depression or anxiety is symptomatic of the whole person then some things to consider are;
- Low nutrients levels – iodine, zinc, selenium, tyrosine, iron, Vit D, folate, B12.
- Amino acid deficiencies.
- Adrenal dysfunction – cortisol (stress) and Dhea levels, oestrogen dominance.
- Chronic inflammation.
- Chronic hidden infections
- Hormonal imbalance – low thyroid function, low testosterone, oestrogen and progesterone imbalances. Insulin and leptin dysregulation.
- Lack of quality sleep.
- Physical pain.
- Genetic variations like MTHFR, detox pathways, stress pathways
- Leaky gut and Gut dysbiosis
- Heavy metal toxicity like mercury and cadmium.
- Lifestyle factors like relationship issues, long hours at work, emotional stress and shocks like losing a loved one, or caring for ageing parents.
In order to be effective and see lasting change in mental health much of the above should to be taken into account when looking at healing.
Your mind is not simply contained in the brain. All of your neurotransmitters and neuropeptides have receptors that literally exist in every organ and system in your body.
For example the majority of serotonin (your feel good chemical) is manufactured in your digestive system. So healthy microflora combined with optimum absorption and elimination in your gut is essential to your mental health and wellbeing.
Simply put, when you view your symptoms of anxiety or depression as a symbolic message that something is not in alignment in your body or life then this framework can potentially open you up to a whole new level of healing potential.
What you need is a plan that encompasses your body and mind to help it restore itself to optimum health.
How Do I Help Create This For You?
My personal mission is to reach and help as many people as I possibly can return their body to optimum health.
You can read more about me and what qualifies me to do this work over here.
I will help you create the ultimate plan and guide for you to learn how to reach your true health potential. I will give you clear, easy steps so that you can restore your health to its true potential.
I Have a Simple Three-Step Solution
STEP ONE: Download my “7-day Jumpstart to more energy and vitality.” This will help get you started on your journey. The plan starts by identifying foods that are known disruptors of good digestive health.
STEP TWO: Join my free webinar series. Here you will learn all about preventative health and the key issues like stress, gut health, allergies, hormonal imbalance, mindset, genetics so that you can empower yourself which will ultimately put you in the drivers seat of your healing journey.
STEP THREE: I would love you to schedule a 1:1 session where we can work together to design the ultimate blueprint for you to experience radical health and vitality.
This is what I really want for you.
I look forward to connecting with you whichever step you choose to take at this point in your journey.
To vibrant health,